* The Eldor Needle is a specialized needle for combined spinal-epidural anesthesia.
* When used for epidural only, spinal conduit serves as a break against inadvertent epidural needle protrusion into spinal space .
* Epidural catheter can be inserted before the spinal anesthesia injection.
*Ability to do a test dose through the epidural catheter to check malposition before inserting the spinal dose through the spinal needle.
* Eliminates the danger of epidural catheter protrusion through the dural hole made by the spinal needle (different pathways for the epidural catheter and the spinal needle).
* Absence of metallic microparticles production while the spinal needle passes through the bent epidural needle tip, as in the needle through needle technique.
* U.S. Patent No. 5163901.
ELDOR SPINAL NEEDLE ( DOUBLE HOLE PENCIL POINT SPINAL NEEDLE; DHPP)
* Double Orifice area allows two times a rapid CSF reflux.
* Anesthetic solution distributes more evenly through the opposite holes of the Double-hole pencil point spinal needle compared to one sided orifice needles.
* Possibility to reduce the anesthetic solution given due to more even distribution, with less untoward side effects as compared to other spinal needles.
* 2 small symmetrical holes provide a significantly stronger tip than one sided hole.
* U.S. Patent No. 5848996.
ELDOR EPIDURAL CATHETER (COMBINED END-MULTIPLE LATERAL HOLES EPIDURAL CATHETER; CEMLH)
* The end hole can recognize an intravascular insertion of the epidural catheter tip, which a blunted tip cannot.
* The six lateral holes spaced circumferentially 1.5 cm from the tip allows anesthetic solution injection into the epidural space in cases where the end hole is obstructed by a blood clot or tissue.
* Six lateral holes provide better distribution of the anesthetic solution, avoiding a partial block.
* U.S. Patent No. 5,800,407.